Vang Vieng - Blue Lagoon


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
April 29th 2011
Published: May 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We all woke up with a little hangover. We rented motorcycles and went off to see the Blue Lagoon. As we get on the bikes it started to pour rain but we continued on as it seems to only rain for a few minutes at a time. We went to get gas as the bikes were on empty and we asked for 1/2 a tank in each bike. He 'filled' up our bikes and never restarted the machine, and said we each owed 25,000 kip. We could see on the machine how much gas he put in which was a squirt into each bike, not what he was claiming. When we turned the bikes on they were all on empty still. He said our bikes must be broken, but we are pretty sure 3 bikes aren't all going to have the same problem. He clearly didn't put gas in the bikes. He was trying to scam us. So we paid him for what he did put in, he told us to fuck off, and we drove off. We found gas at a stand along the way. The Blue Lagoon was really pretty. The water reminded me of a lava lamp. It was really blue, but clear at the same time. It's hard to describe. There was a bunch of swings and a large tree you could climb up and jump off of. There was also a cave which the guys went up too but Tris said it wasn't that spectacular. We spent the afternoon watching the Royal Wedding on tv.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1012s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb