Tubing down the river in Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
October 4th 2007
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post


Arrived into Vang Vieng by mini bus from Luang Prabang 6 hrs ....felt like the world’s most winding road..... V V is a nice little town...lots of restaurants with happy menus!!!~ nearly every restaurant has friends showing and all of them are nice cozy spots where you kick your shoes off and curl up on the cushion....

We all booked for the tubing the next day, it was crazy, 2 mins on the tube and the first stop was the river side make shift bar...buckets all round, it was great fun.... (probably not the wisest of moves... buckets and water....) but we managed to make it to the end in one piece.....it went like that for 6 hours, bar after riverside bar and swing after swing... best laugh ever. Also met up with the girls and we soon found ourselves doing what we do best.... partying the night away!!

Had to stay in V V for nearly a week while I waited for my Vietnamese visa (30 USD I think) to come through so in the meantime I said goodbye to Sara, Michelle, Rob, Chrissie and Joe .. sob sob!! They were traveling from Northern Vietnam to South and I was starting from South to North as I was heading on to China then.. but hope to meet half way...


There wasnt a huge amount to do in V V only Tubing or watching Friends so I was happy to move on!!!

I booked my VIP minibus to Vientiane (Capital of Laos) and there booked onward to DaNang City in Vietnam.........

Guest house 4 USD for a twin or double...thats 2 dollars each if your sharing!!
Babylon Guest House comes highly recommended
Tubing & tuk tuk ride up river 4 USD


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

TubingTubing
Tubing

AWESOME PICTURE


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb