Tubing, Beerlao... Heaven


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
September 18th 2007
Published: September 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Whilst travelling in Asia, me and my fellow travellers have made it our duty to sample and rate the local beers in each country. The worst by far was the 8p sample from a Bia Hoi (street side bar) in Vietnam, and the best had to be Angkor in Cambodia, but I will always be fondest of Beerlao. It is the state owned beer of the country and comes in massive bottles which you traditionally share with a friend, it just rules. The other thing that makes me so fond of beerlao is tubing in Vang Vieng. About 7 of us opted for this activity which involved some hiking first but then just floating down the river in big inner tubes and stopping along the way to drink beerlao, it's the simplest and bast idea ever! Being the wet season the river was high and fast so we had a guide with us in a kayak to save us every now and then, one of our boys nearly got washed down the river too so I was glad the guide was with us!

There isn't much else to say about Vang Vieng, it's a dusty street with a few bars and shops. One strange but cool thing was that every bar showed episodes of riends constantly! On our first night I think I watched about 3 hours of them!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb