I LOVE LAOS!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vientiane
September 7th 2007
Published: September 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post


This country is so beautiful so far! The people are so friendly and calm and helpful and it is just SOOOOO quiet! Our first stop (after 2 days of boring travelling) was the capital Vientiane. There was no traffic on the roads at all (which makes me wonder where the hell all those people in Vietnam were actually going?!) and no-one hassled you or tried to rip you off! the French influence is much more obvious here with many french restaurants and french owned businesses. We gained some new team members including a group of guys from Venezuela/South Korea/USA. It was good to get some guys as there were so many of us girls! I spent my free day with the news guys and we visited the oldest temple in Laos, the That Luang (the national monument) and climbed their version of the Arc de Triomphe.

Next we head to Veng Vieng where the activity of choice is Tubing - basically floating down the river in a tractor inner tube and stopping at various islands and boats along the way to drink beer, can't wait!

x x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb