Vang Vieng- tubing and caves


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
February 13th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sun 11th

Bus to Vang Vieng took the morning. I got chatting to Hannah and Will and ended up staying at same place as them on the river- its beautiful. We walked into town and had dinner with some others of the bus. The bus lot are staying for the same time as me so I'll join them on there activities and move hotels to be with them in town. It turned out to be a long dark walk home.



Mon 12th

Met Mathew, Hannah, Kerra, Dougal and Luke for breakfast before getting a big tube and a TukTuk up the river where we were left with our tube. We floated very slowly (dry season) down the river stopping at bars on the way. Some of the bars have zip lines and rope swings over the deeper parts of the river. Much bruising from flopping into the river from hight. Dougle and Matt tried ziplining and drinking beer and I joined in for trying to land back in the ring. We stopped so much that we had to get a TukTuk back to town to be able to return the ring by 6pm.

Kerra and I went out for dinner and watched reruns of Friends and Simpsons.



Tue 13th

Matt and Dougal and Kerra and I got mopeds (this time was harder than last time as they weren't automatics and I had kerra on the back and they were dirt roads) went back to near one of the bars by the rive and clambered up to a cave behind. It was a big clamber and Kerrra's flip flop broke half way up. Once there we got ladders into the cave and it was huge. We had to stop walking into the cave as it was too dark but you could have walked for ages.

On the way back we got a puncture and had to go back to hire place and had lunch while they fixed it (Boys had zooped of to next cave). When it was fixed we found a beautiful clear stream where you could swim into a small cave. Then to another which would have been good to swim at but it was getting late. But we did climb up a bamboo ladder to the cave there. It was alot smaller and we had to squeeze through a gap where you could look out across the fields below.

The scenery here is spectacular. Really flat then giant mountains shooting upwards. Beautiful!




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

DinnerDinner
Dinner

Kerra Dougal and Matt


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb