Through Laos


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
December 8th 2010
Published: December 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Luang Prabang was really nice but quite expensive as it is a favorite spot for tourists. The great food and bakeries does not help. It has been hard to find any really good places to buy baked goods so we splurged a bit when we finally did. We could have easily spent a couple days there but decided to continue south. The subdued relaxed state of the north would not last as we head south.

Our destination was Vang Vieng which is a hotspot for young tourists who are partyholics. We arrived at dinner time and quickly noticed the difference between this town and everywhere else we had been in Laos. Instead of the quiet streets lined with restaurants and bakerys there were clubs and pubs. Instead of the quite tourists biking and walking down the roads there were tuk tuks full of young drunks driving up and down the streets. It was only 6 oclock and already the majority of the town was very drunk and fully into the party mode.

We ate and then headed back to our room for a quick power nap before heading in to join the fray. We were still a bit travel lagged so we chose a less roudy bar (or so we thought) for a few drinks. We managed to stay out of the mayhem and just enjoy our drinks for a few hours and then decided to turn it in for the night.

On the way back we met some friendly brits who wanted us to keep partying with them. James and I declined prefering to wait until tomorrow but Matt ended up joining them...trouble to come.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb