Amazing Waterfalls


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
November 15th 2008
Published: November 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We woke up on the 14th and were keen to stay another day to explore the area and some caves close by. Unfortunately for us the whole town was fully booked so there were no rooms available and we had to leave.
So we left that morning by boat then a bus ride and ended up in Luang Prabang. That day, the 15th, we found a hotel, an amazing room with a very comfortable bed, big TV and hot water. I forgot to mention, we had not showered in the last 2 days because the water in Muang Ngoi Neua was freezing cold, it was better to skip the shower. As it was still early in the day, we decide to visit a couple of temples and see the town. The temples a OK, no Anchor Wat by far but worth a walk if you don't have much to do. That evening, Linda was still sick so I went to get food and do some shopping for shirts.
That evening, we had all arranged to go do a day trip to the caves and one waterfall. That is Linda, Nina, Kata from Hungry and the Israeli girl.
We head of by tuck tuck that morning and or first stop was the Pak Ou Caves. We get there by a 1 hour tuck tuck ride then a boat ride for 15min. The top cave is pretty big and dark, you can't see a thing unless you bring a torch, lucky we had one. The lower cave has thousands of Buddha statues in it. No the most exciting cave we have seen, but had to be done! Next was Tad Kouangsi Waterfall. Oh my god, what a amazing place. It is a waterfall with 3 or so pools with smaller waterfalls going down. When you get to the first pool, you think that this can't get any better. A swim in the clear pools and you make your way up a stream to the next pool, it gets better.... And so on until the actual waterfall. We were a bit sad we got there late and didn't have so much time to swim. The water was cool, but once in, it was perfect. There is also a bear sanctuary there, with bears in enclosures being rehabilitated.
Then was the tuck tuck ride home. Followed by food and the market again, with Linda this time.
We all decided to go to Tad Sae Waterfall the next day and spent the whole day there as we hear it is much better than Tad Kouangsi Waterfall.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb