Chilly in Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
February 29th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are now in Luang Prabang in Laos and it is cold! Well maybe not cold exactly but considerably chillier than Chiang Mai. When we arrived it was 19 degrees and now it is a lot cooler than that. I have got my jeans on and a warm top. Being that we don't really have any warm clothes we can only hope that it does not get any colder!

Due to time and the fact we did not want to spend two days on a boat we flew to Luang Prabang. The plane was pretty small and because of that the flight was a bit on the rough side. Definitely not for the nervous flier! When we got out of the airport we paid $5 for a taxi only to find that the lao definition of taxi was not the same as ours and it was actually a pick up truck with a row of seats on the back! The receipt says limousine service!

We have only had time for a quick explore but it looks really nice and laid back here - a lot quieter that Chiang Mai or Bangkok. There seems to be a lot of cake shops here which is good for me. I have already fitted in one cup of tea and piece of cake!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb