Laos just gets more beautiful!


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
July 24th 2005
Published: September 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Luang Prabang Luang Prabang Luang Prabang

The Thunder clouds arriving
So we left vang vieng on a 7hr windy bus journey through the mountains to get here. Said goodbye to our little group which was quite sad. But as soon as we arrived here we fell in love. Its a small town on the mekong river. A main road full of little bakeries and handicraft shops. A lovely night market where you can actually look at the stuff without being hassled. The people are still nice.

We have spent the last few days making good use of a place called le cinema where you go and rent out a movie and a room which is filled with cushions. You can just sit and watch a film, its great and weve seen some good'uns. There are plenty of temples here but to be honest you become a bit complacent about them after a while!

Yesterday we went to the most amazing waterfall I have ever seen, it turned out a few of the group we met in vang vieng were up here still so we got a tuk tuk up there and wow, its huge you can swim in the clear pools of water ( i felt like i was in that timotei advert) We climbed all the way to the top and one pool you can swim to the edge and look over the rest of the waterfall. It was incredible i could spend everyday there. Even though it was raining it was still amazing.

Anyway after much umming and ahhing we have decided to move on back to thailand, and as we cant enter vientiane the capital of Laos at the mo because of the ASEAN summit (people cant come into the city until 30th July) we have decided to brave the 2 day boat trip to Chang Mai. It means i get to go back and take a cookery class. But we have heard so many good and bad stories bout this trip ( mostly bad!!) . Will let you know in the next entry how it all goes.

Miss you all give me an email.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb