Vang Vieng Part 2


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
July 21st 2005
Published: July 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I havent written this in ages as we have had a crazy week in vang vieng especially with andys birthday and all. We were due to leave on the saturday but then we bumped into Roger and Zoe who we had met in vietnam loads and ended up getting very drunk after a few too many buckets so decided to change the date of our bus and stay til Tuesday so we could celebrate andys birthday and have a couple of days to recover!! And it turned out we made the right decision because on the saturday whne we were all sat watching films and recovering Jack turned up ( who was part of the group we met in vitnam all those times) so it was like a mini reunion!! We spent Andys birthday tubing again, really i couldnt imagine a better way to spend a birthday than floating down a river amongst the most beautiful scenery drinking beer lao which i actually like!! (dont ever drink beer at home!) ( it has been voted best beer award or something). It was great, so we did that and then had another roast dinner, ( i know it sounds like heaven, doesnt it?) and then we carried on drinking. It was great to have eevryone back together again and we are all meeting for the full moon aswell so looking forward to that.

Anyway the next couple of days were spent recovering and what beter place to do it than in vang vieng. You can go into any bar and put any film on, they have all the latest films, you just sit back oon comfy cushions and relax order cheap lovely food and fruitshakes and relax. It really is bliss. I think that is why we ende dup staying there about 5 days longer than plan, total of 9 days but well worht it.

The day before we left we went on a huge bike ride to try and find these caves. It decided to rain when we set off but we made it took a boat across the river had some lunch then had to trek through the rice fields to find the entrances. By the time we arrived it had rained so much recently it was going to be a very watery cave so we gave that a miss but the trek was well worth it and the bike ride to see some of the local villages. The people out here are so lovely they all shout saibadee (hello) and run out o say hello. I cant think of anicer place.

We finally managed to drag ourselves awa from vang vieng on wednesday. It was so sad to leave.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0534s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb