Leaving Luang Prabang


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
December 10th 2006
Published: December 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Had a few close disasters today. Rather amusing looking back on them:
1. As we were doing our final pack up in the guest house, Robin couldn't find our plane tickets to Vientiane--not E tickets this time, the old fashioned red ink ones. After unpacking and repacking his whole suitcase while I looked in the other bags, we gave up and decided we would have to buy new tickets. As we were walking away from the guesthouse, the maid called down from our balcony, waving the tickets in her hand. She said she'd found them on the bed (where we were doing the repacking!).
2. Earlier in the day I had had a manicure and pedicure at a beauty salon recommended by a staff member at the guesthouse--friends of his. While there I had talked to a couple from Quebec. Fortunately, I had recommended they have lunch at the Scandinavian Bakery because they saw us there later and said I had left my travel journal notebook at the beauty salon. So, our friend from the guesthouse kindly retrieved it for me while Robin and I were madly looking for the plane tickets!
3. At the Luang Prabang airport, we went through all the security and checked in our bags at the Lao counter. Fortunately, the check-in girl confirmed with us: "2 bags checked?" "No! I replied: Three!" Robin had left his 2nd bag sitting against a post at the scanner. We each thought the other had taken it. Phew!
The rest of the trip was uneventful--we did manage to get ourselves on the plane without further problems. A very pretty one-hour flight from Luang Prabang to Vientiane.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb