Attack of the Moths


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Luang Prabang
June 9th 2005
Published: June 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Attack of the mothsAttack of the mothsAttack of the moths

Moths not visible here
Missing Laundry

As the years have passed, experience has taught me that all inanimate objects have legs.

However, I thought I would be safe handing my laundary to these guys lax though they are but I obviously have one more lesson to learn; and that is, that even clothes have legs. (Well duh! clothes are inanmiate objects)

Yea, alas, this morning he cannot find the cloth and we search the whole place for it 4KGs worth. The old woman - the only one who seems to do any work - is angry with the young guy that manages the place and insists that she left the bag in the press. He concludes after much deliberation and after we have visited the other guests bedrooms that two French guys, Anthony Bernuchon (02XD61115) and Stephamu Vital 01EY81315 who left in the morning at 6am took an extra bag by mistake....he suggests I go to Vang Vieng where they will be for the next 5 days to find them...

Attack of the Moths

The evening sees me return to the monks. Link has gotten a loan of a computer from his brother's library for a couple of days and
Sampun with the MothsSampun with the MothsSampun with the Moths

Edited image reveals the moths
uses it to play (yeah would you believe?) West Life videos with English subtitles. On his request, I show him a bit of Excel and how to do a simple bar chart. Then Sampun plays about with Excel making a bar chart of how good different local temples did in a fictional exam - he has a list of about 15 wats from Luan Prabang...
Link tells me that there are over 220 wats in Luan Prabang, 104 which are now ruins...

It starts raining outside. I look to the window (the hole that is cut into the thin wood that is the wall) and see that the moths that flock toward the light have quadrupled in number seeking refuge from the rain....I tell Link to stand near the window next to the moths and I take a pic...then I suggest chuck (the monkey) be brought in to feast on the moths (Sampun was feeding him insects earlier). When Chuck is brought towards the moths he tries to run away, however and Sampun says Chuck is scared...

I bid my final farewell to Sampun. Link and another novice escort me toward the town where I say goodbye and give them a little something to afford some internet time...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb