sat day 120


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South
May 20th 2015
Published: May 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Having spent yesterday evening walking around Pakse ( its tiny) and from what we had both read, Kate and I were happy again to move on today. So after a quick bit of shopping we jumped in a tuk tuk back towards the bus station. This time we were travelling 2hrs east of Pakse to a small village called Tad Lo. So finding a better seat than yesterday on the public bus we headed off with a bunch of locals and 3 girls travelling from Germany. Stopping off a couple of times en route for locals to get out to buy bags of pineapples from road side stalls or to have a wee in a bush! We had made it - well almost, the village was a further 15min walk down a side road. Feeling like we could do with stretching our legs we decided to walk it - with our heavy bags in 35 plus heat! 5 minutes in I was regretting not going with the 'smiling lady' motorbike and sidecar taxi that we could have taken! Anyway, we found a nice guesthouse so unloaded our bits. Sitting in the restaurant was the Italian couple that we had met in Savannakhet with a nice girl from Switzerland so after catching up, Kate and I headed off to find one of the waterfalls that the area is well known for. A ten minute walk up the road we found it but with a few locals washing themselves and their clothes in the river we didn't hang around for too long and it was starting to get dark. Heading back to the guesthouse we met up again with the friends from earlier and had a lovely dinner together as they would be heading off in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb