sun day 121


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos
May 20th 2015
Published: May 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Waking up to the usual Laos sounds of Cockerels cock o doodle doings! We had decided to spend a full day in Tad Lo. After a nice breakfast at the guesthouse ( which is run by a local chap, about 3 women and the 19 children he's adopted - what a lovely guy who clearly dotes on all of them.) Kate and I walked firstly back to the end of the road to a small food market. Mostly stalls selling vegetables and fruit but with some also selling live frogs along with fish and small amounts of meat - all swarming with flies! Heading back into the village the walk today being much easier without our heavy bags. Picking up a side track we decided to find the other bigger waterfall. Easily signposted and after only about a 20 minute walk we found it. Much more impressive than the first one and being full of water, we climbed over some rocks and a precarious bamboo bridge to get a closer look. The waterfall must have stretched about 100 metres with a drop of about 40 metres - the sound of the water crashing over the side was deafening. Walking back towards Tad Lo we tried to find a small village which I think we were close to but couldn't find access so we left it and continued back, stopping off to sit at the side of the river to have a drink. Chilling out for a bit back at the guesthouse before returning to the restaurant for dinner. This time enjoying the evening with a nice couple from Amsterdam, some people from France and a couple from Wales. All chatting and sharing stories about our previous weeks travelling adventures. It had been a nice day and a relaxed evening.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.102s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb