Having a small ship adventure in ASIA


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Savannakhet
August 13th 2009
Published: August 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

If you love cruising but would like to try a new adventure that will take you closer to the sights and sounds of incredible destinations, then small ship cruising might be right up your alley.

Imagine seeing wildlife from just a few feet off shore instead of through binoculars hundreds of feet away. Cruise up small fjords seeing scenery that few people will ever see. Land at small villages or towns that give you a true experience with the locals.

Small ship cruising gives you a more personal experience without the crowds formed by thousands of other passengers on today's mega-cruise ships.

Small ship cruising can take you in many different directions to exotic destinations around the world. Vietnam is becoming an intriguing destination and there is a 12-day cruise starting in Hanoi and traveling south making multiple stops such as Halong Bay, Hue, Hoi An, eventually ending up in Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon). You could even add a land tour to the end of the cruise exploring Cambodia.

Besides, you can have a Mekong river cruise tour. This trip offers great combination of the two exotic lands and cultures. The trip starts in the dynamic city of Saigon. You will travel to Mekong Delta to experience great boat trip on the mighty river. You canl walk on village roads, visit to local houses and take ferry to cross the Mekong River. The highlight of Mekong Delta is the busy and colorful market of Cai Rang. From Mekong Delta, traveling to Phnom Penh by boat and you start journey to the majestic beauty of Angkor Wat.

For a longer adventure, pick up the cruise in Japan exploring Osaka, Kobe, Hiroshima and Nagasaki and then heading over to China stopping at Shanghai, Xiamen and Hong Kong before heading to Vietnam. Your adventure in Asia will give you an unusual and interesting vacation getting you acquainted with their centuries old customs and culture.

Travel Tip: On your next trip travel to a destination you have not been to before. You just might find a new favorite destination loaded with new sights, sounds, food and adventure.

Source: thespectrum.com

Recommendation Cruise Tours:
Family Adventure Tours in Asia
Mekong Delta and Angkor Wat Tour

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0331s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb