ghost town....


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Savannakhet
July 24th 2009
Published: July 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok so iv been a little neglectfull with the whole travel blog thing. sorry.

cant remember where i left off? had i got into laos yet?

well, we got the slow boat which took two days and one night stop off in a little village. it rained like noones business. it was a good trip. lonnnnnnnnnng, and uncomfortable. but good. we ditched the wooden benches and sat on the floor mostly. and ate pot noodles. hehe.

laos is good. i really enjoyed louang prabang which is the first place that we went to. little place with a few wats and a night market. not much to tell really.

next was a hidious bus journey to vang vieng for tuuuuuuuuuubing! had a fab time there. basically u get a tractor innor tube, get a tuc tuc to the first river bar, drink wiskey buckets and then get in the river and float down and stop at every bar where they pull u in by throwing u a rope. iv got a million cuts and bruises to show how much fun i had hehe. i even did the zip wire but i screamed and let go and just crashed and burned. shamefull, no one else screamed. people i met on the night when i told them i screamed were like, oh yeah, i remember you! lol
had a fab night drinking till the early hours. lost anjuli so it was a test of my daring to go out drinking alone but i met lots of ppl and had fun!

vientien the capital was nothing special, only spent a day there.

got to savannakette at 5.30 this morn. i thought i had entered a ghost town. lucky i met a guy to talk to on the bus or i would have been lost on my own. we had to sit on the pavement and wait for the guesthouses to open. its a pretty place, bit run down. no tourists. watched the sun set over the mekong with a beerlao tonight so all is good. then got harrased by a random man asking me to go to his house for tea. i think not. 3rd time iv been harrased by locals in 2 days. not fun. i told him nicely, NO!

managed to get a few photos up but its taking its time. i have 1000 so it may take a while.

think im going to move on to paxe tomorrow cos theres not much here. its a neccessary stop on the way to si phan don , 4000 islands. after that, into cambodia.

i will try and keep you updated but its difficult to find the ahem *time* (energy) to sit and type an essay.

love to all. hope you are all well. send me messages, im feeling a distinct lack of them when i log on. shame on you all hehe

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb