A fairly chilled one, despite the memory card saga.....


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » South » Pakse
February 5th 2011
Published: February 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After deciding there isnt' much worth seeing in Pakse and opting for a lazy day i decide to compensate by starting early with a good 2 hour yoga sess here - they have a gym so while i'd got used to the lush outdoor settings by waterfalls and rivers it's a bit strange going back to the gym, but it's a lot cooler and Pakse seems even hotter than the other places even this early in the morning......

After my sess I go into breakfast with Karen, it looks more like full course dinner on offer and im only after a roll or something, anyway we spot some nice looking ones on a stand but not sure if their real or a fake display!! Karen convinces me they must be real, so we both take one with the waitress giving us rather strange looks to realise that it was just part of a display, after trying to take a chunk out of the rock hard stuff that seems like it's been mummified or possibly fossilised many years ago we decide to make a quick exit not quite knowing what to do with the 'displayed' items!! For now we just leave them in the room and have a good giggle.... I then get my own damn breakfast of cereals and tea, and take it and start to chill by the pool where i intend to spend the rest of the day..... The reason i do actually prefer guest houses to hotels - i really do prefer to make tea and breakfast my own way and a lot later on than their silly displayed times......

The whole day is a really chilled one, Karen has to get to hospital to have another rabies jab after the monkey incident, but apart from that it's chilled, until........ I suddenly realise i can't find my memory card from the first 4 weeks of my trip, ARGGHHHH!! I turn the room upside down, our posh hotel now resembles a bombsite as well as a laundry room!! At least we didnt leave them with a blocked loo and leaking water this time though, god im sure if we'd stayed another night at Mr Mo's on Don Det we'd have overflowed into the Mekong by now, ha.....

I give up after a couple of hours search for the memory card and go to the takeaway place for rice for dinner again not fancying anything the hotel has to offer, but they do have nice cake so i make up with that after,but still not in the mood for eating with the memory card saga.... I then go back up to the room for a final search and find it wrapped in a piece of tissue - PHEW!!!! Although most are backed on facebook, i still had a couple of hundred unsaved and want to make prints of some when im back, so relieved - i want to go out for a drink to celebrate but there is no where so i settle for a cup of tea and look forward to leaving Pakse tomorrow, for once although the hotel is lush with a nice pool, it has no vibe that a guesthouse has and the place as i said in the previous blog defintely has nothing we will miss, can't wait to move on tomorrow now for Cambodia, so begin to clear up the bombsite i'd left the room in earlier by packing it all away, clean laundry and all so for once when we leave in the morning the place actually doesn't look too bad for once, ha...... BRING ON SIEM REAP tomorrow, although not looking forward to the 530 early start.....





Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb