Nong Khiaw


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » North
December 6th 2010
Published: December 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke up early to go on our 100 waterfalls trek and headed for breakfast. One of the staples of Lao cuisine is the baguette which makes for great morning sub sandwiches. We ate a leasurely breakfast mostly because you have to in Laos. They won't serve you fast enough to have a quick meal.

So we headed to the trekking office ready to go and when we got there we found out there are no treks today. Apparently there was a miscommunication somewhere. But as is th Lao way we would wait until tomorrow patiently.

We explored the town and spent some relaxing down time at a little cafe eating fresh fruit and Lao food. The fruit here is amazing with lots of pinapple, asian pear, mango, and papaya(not my favorite).

We headed back to the hostel early to sleep. I forgot to mention earlier that there is a curfew in Laos so everything shuts down between 10 and 11. Makes for a very subdued nightlife but allows us to wake up early for treks. Hopefully we ge to go on ours tomorrow.

Advertisement



6th December 2010

Sweet
I'm getting some really good ideas on what to do when we head on over to Laos as I'm reading your entries. Thanks!

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0725s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb