Japan Osaka


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
March 27th 2010
Published: April 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

I then saw the girls off for their trip to Kobe and spent the night in an Onsen relaxing. The next day was spent relaxing until mid day when we met up again and headed off to Gion in Osaka. Gion the nightlife district of Osaka but turning down some of the side streets you can walk along the river and seen Cherry blossoms, geisha and old fashioned teahouses.
The following morning the three of us were meant to meet the girls but there was some confusion about meeting place and time so we made our way to the famous red torri gates of Fushimi Inari where there are thousands of small shrines. Next we stopped off at Kiyomizudera which is a hillside temple, from the top there are good views of the city but the temple actually juts out from the hillside and is surrounded by cherry blossoms and is well worth the time it takes to get there. On our way back to Gion centre we met the girls who were also headed for Kinkaku-Ji (The Golden Temple). Halfway there the guys who had seen it before decided to go shopping instead. The Golden temple actually has gilded gold leaf but like most other significant sites much of the original was destroyed by fire and rebuilt. The evening was quite rushed. I helped the girls to the station and we had dinner together and said our goodbyes, there is a chance I will meet Pam in China which would be great, time will tell. I made my own way back to the hostel which took just over an hour, when I got there I had a few drinks and went to bed.


Advertisement



1st April 2010

I really enjoyed your Japan post. I have always wanted to go there. My blog is looking for travel photos. If you have the time, email us some at dirtyhippiesblog@gmail.com and check us out at dirty-hipppies.blogspot.com. Continued fun on your travels, Eric

Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb