Tsukiji Market, Ghlibi and Asakusa - End of trip


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
October 16th 2008
Published: October 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Back in Tokyo, we checked into one of the business hotels near Ginza so we can visit Tsukiji fish market early in the morning. Dragged our butts out into the cold early morning and watched the fish auction in action. Really interesting with all the fish laid on the ground, marked and ready to be auctioned off. This Japanese fella comes forward stands on a platform and starts shouting and ranting off a series of terms which we obviously don't understand. By the end of the morning, we were hungry and headed to the nearby eatery to eat. Sushi of course ! The sushi here was fresh but not necessary the best. We came across nicer ones during our tour of Japan. I recommend you choose the items you want instead of the set meal. Nevertheless, another hearty meal.

Next stop was to Ghlibi Museum at Mitaka Stn where the works of Hayao Miyazaki are showcased in a little museum. Those familair with his works like Howl's moving castle and my favourite Spirited Away will like this place. No wonder the many kids there were so excited at the museum. There was a short clip exclusively shown to museum visitors and we got insights to how he came up with many of his ideas and the place he worked in. Nice place.

We visited Shinjuku to do our last minute shopping and visit the observatories of Japan's skyscapers before heading back to Chiba ..ready to go home, ready to say goodbye to Japan.

It was a happy and fun trip. Thanks for everything. We will be back !


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.082s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb