I Love To Be Scared - FujiQ Highland!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
July 8th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Eejanaika - Fuji Q Highland 40 secs
On Sunday at 7am, seven of us piled into Mario's work van and headed to one of my favourite places in Japan...Fuji Q Highland Roller Coaster Park!!! After briefly spotting Mt Fuji through the clouds, our attention turned to the great big hunks of metal that put together, create the masterpieces of Fuji Q - the coasters! Hurrying through the photo booths that print your face on your day pass, we nervously rushed toward the newest and biggest attraction - eejanaika! One of only two of its type in the world, it holds the world record for most inversions - it goes upside down 14 times!!! Mario and I had been on it before but were still scared and shaking (well, Mario was anyway - he let a coin flip decide if he would go on it again!) It was crazy, scary and fantastic all at the same time! It really is over too fast to be worried about being sick or too scared, it’s just a bit of a shock when it is over - I walked off pale, shaking and numb but wanting to go on it again!...I'm a sucker for fear!
The red tower was next, as there was no line! Similar to the Tower of Terror in Queensland, just a giant drop. I think I was more scared on this, than eejanaika! You are just left suspended up very high (without the distraction of Fuji this time) and have no idea when you will freefall!
Ready for more thrills, we headed to one of the fastest rollercoaster in the world - Dodonpa. It shoots you straight out at a speed of 173km/h then has a 90 degree drop - fun fun fun!
I thought the teacups would be a bit of a break, but not with Mario in control of the wheel! Give me a roller coaster any day over all that spinning!
We had an early lunch then went on a few tamer rides until our food settled.
Peter, Mario and I braved the Pizza-La ride, one of my favourites, then dragged Steve along to Fujiyama, an ex world record holder for being the tallest coaster at 79m. It was great, but a little rough and shaky! Apart from all the great roller coasters and rides, a great thing about the day was that it was not crowded and we didn’t have to wait too long
Bright and early, ready to be scared!Bright and early, ready to be scared!Bright and early, ready to be scared!

Bec and me with our photo passes
in any lines!
We were so tired by the end of the day but it was definitely worth waking up at 6am for! I’m sure I’ll be back for a fourth visit sometime!





Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Is it halloween?Is it halloween?
Is it halloween?

Still in character outside the haunted mansion
...and we did!...and we did!
...and we did!

The ride was just one drop, but fun and our blue rain condoms luckily did not break (like some other peoples)!


11th July 2007

Scared Shitless!!!
Im not that brave...... 1 was too fast, 1 was too high and 1 was just right.
11th July 2007

.....
what a crazy trip, amazing time together, really enjoyed but no more roller coaster for me ! thanks mari ciao !
11th July 2007

I'm scared too!
-just looking at those awesome rollercoasters. You must have got your love of them from me - remember at Dreamland in Qld when we went on the old rickety one 6 times in a row? (well I did - I can't remember how old you were). Well those days are over for me now! I can't believe you've been to Fuji-Q 4 times! Keep having fun xoxox
11th July 2007

Speed reader?
Just 3 times! Maybe the fourth will be when you come in December??!!
11th July 2007

hahaha
hahaha marissa you do look shit scared in that tea cup - in petes photos all i could see was your face in the backround while mario was spinning!! hahaha looks like you guys had an awesome time!!! cant wait less than a month and ill be there!! hehe yeah!!! SEE YOU SOON!!!! i cant wait darling!! - warn mario!! haha :) love you long time!
11th July 2007

eejaniaka eejanaika
any dribble on fujiyama? hehe looks amazing. xxxxx
12th July 2007

Eejanaika!
eejanaika, eejanaika, eejanaikaaaaaaa! Dodonpaaaahhh, Dodonpaaaahhh Dodonpaaaahhh! Gotta love the jingles while while u wait in line! What a great day! Thanks again Marissa and Mario for a great week!
24th July 2007

I forgot to thank Mario for lengthening our time on exciting rides by driving the Hiace like he was- ha ha. Enjoyed the time spent with all of you!

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb