Japan - Getting Around


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
September 20th 2020
Published: September 20th 2020
Edit Blog Post

<a name="_Toc50839732"></a>Transportation


Getting to Your Location



If you are coming from a foreign country, the best way to travel is by plane.

Air: If you are coming from the USA, China, South Korea, and other foreign countries, the recommended airport is the Narita Airport and Haneda Airport if you want to tour Tokyo. If you want to see Osaka first, then we recommend you to the Kansai Airport so it would be easy to see the tourist spots there like Universal Studio Japan. It would take 5 hours bus ride from Tokyo and Osaka, so plan ahead which place you want to visit first and what international airport you will land. We recommend Japan Airline (JAL), All Nippon Airways based in Japan, United Airlines based in USA. These are only some airlines there are other more airlines that are available based on where you live.

Water:

JTB company is one of the famous cruise travels in Japan. They have a lot of different routes around Japan and outside Japan. If you want to learn more about the different routes, you can visit their official website. There is a famous route that goes from Japan to the four different islands in Hawaii and back again in Japan. Since I currently live in Hawaii and my friends, this is a good route that I can recommend based on my research, if you want to see the different Islands in Hawaii travel to Japan.

Ground: Train, train, and train. The main transportation in Tokyo is train and cars. If you really want to see the different location in Tokyo a smartphone with data and the train will be enough. If you want to travel from Tokyo to Osaka to visit USJ (Universal Studio in Japan), eat legit Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki and other local food you can take the bus and it will take you 9 hours. If you want to take the bullet train or shinkanken it would only take 2 hours.




Getting around Your location



As I said before, train is one of the most used transportation in Japan. In Tokyo, the train system is so good and with it you can go around easily but during the rush hour expect it to be super packed. You can also take the taxi which is expensive. They also have bus, or you can just rent your own car if you like. People in Japan love walking too, and they also used the bicycle a lot. The City of Tokyo is big so having smartphone with data will really help a lot. Do not forget to download a translation app because not a lot of Japanese people speak English. If you have a local friend, you can ask to show them around because not all the signage is in English. Despite of the language barrier people still visit this place because of its unique culture and modern technology.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb