Road trip to Fuji 5 Lakes


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Yamanashi » Fuji Five Lakes
December 28th 2007
Published: March 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Between Christmas and New Year, my family along with Mario and I went to Fujigoko (Fuji Five Lakes) region for 3 days. Mt Fuji was hiding more than I would have liked, but it was a great trip nonetheless. We went to Fuji-Q Highland Roller Coaster Park and mum went on the scariest record breaking Eejanaika coaster! So brave, even if her eyes were closed the whole way haha! We also went ice skating and Mario showed off some talent! On our second day went to Fuji Safari Park. The whole drive there, we couldn't see more than a few metres in front of us due to thick fog, but literally one minute before we arrived, we turned a corner and the fog magically disappeared!! The drive through the park was especially scary and almost had dad shitting his pants haha. A lioness came extremely close to our car, in fact it brushed up right against it and dad was screaming at me (the driver) to do something!!! To make things worse Pete and Mario kept putting down the windows to take photos - mum was freaking!!! At night we went to see the beautiful Christmas lights at the Gotemba Kogen Resort. On our second night we stayed at K's House Mt Fuji and Pete got up for sunrise to take some shots of Fuji, before it became hidden by the clouds. We all took the cable car to a viewpoint and it began snowing!!! I was soooo excited! We all had a fantastic weekend!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

So close to the car!So close to the car!
So close to the car!

Dad was freaking out when one of the lions brushed up against the front of our car!!! It was pretty scary, you can even see the patrol car driving over to shoo it away haha


13th March 2008

rabu rabu
looks like great fun!!! and mt fuji looks pretty spesh. what a winter wonderland!
13th March 2008

Wow cool panorama at the top! who took it?
13th March 2008

Happy?
Haha ok, thank you Peter for the panorama photo at the top which you took!!!
22nd March 2008

Dont'cha know...
Everytime you post a beautiful panorama of Mt. Fuji, a little BlackManx in Australia cries...

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb