Exhausted, Excited, and a little Worried!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tottori » Tottori
January 22nd 2007
Published: January 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday, we had our dress rehearsal for the English play, Wyrd Sisters, we are putting on here in our city. Needless to say it was a loooong day, but it is exciting to see things coming together finally! Lately I have been pretty burned out from play practice especially last week because we had three practices instead of just two. It's amazing how one extra night can put a damper on free time. I just felt like all I did was go to work, go to play practice and then go to sleep and the pattern would repeat the next day. It made me not want to get out of the house even when I did have a free night because I wanted to sleep or just relax.

This week should be a little better because we are sticking to just two practices. Dress rehearsal took a lot out of us and I am a little worried because we only went through the play twice with the lights and sound and costumes and scene changes and everything. I think it will all turn out all right. The worst parts probably yesterday were when two people missed their entrances because they were working on costumes. We won't have that problem for the performances I hope!

It is also a bit of a shock to see that we essentially don't have a crew, besides the people doing lights and sound, we are the only ones doing props and costumes and make up, scene changes, and front of the house. It is a bit scary, but amazing to see how much we have accomplished. The costumes look amazing and the sound effects are gonna be great! We even have a strobe light for the magic spells.

We were also featured in the Asahi shimbun (newspaper) today and will be on tv, NHK, the channel with the largest audience in the area, sometime this week. Hopefully this will bring a full house for all three of our shows.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb