Tokyo Tower


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
June 28th 2014
Published: July 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we paid a visit to Tokyo Tower. Tokyo tower is modelled on the Eiffel Tower and at 333 metres is the worlds tallest self-supporting steel tower. It's basically a radio and tv antenna but from the observation deck you can see the whole of Tokyo!

When we got to the Tower, we were accosted by 2 lovely Japanese women who asked if we would like to take part in a walk up the Tower as part of UN Peace Day. Bearing in mind there are 660 steps we were quite reluctant, until one of them said entrance would be free! in view of that, we agreed! So, we had our photos taken holding various sign and doing the peace sign with other travellers. Also, one of the Japanese girls asked for a photo with us - they love westerners here, they are fascinated by us!

Just as we were about to start the climb, we were told that no one was allowed to climb the steps due to the rain, so we had to get the elevator... which was free too! such luck - didn't really fancying climbing 660 steps in 30 degree heat and 85% humidity!

View was awesome and there were a group singing at the top which was cool. We hung around until it got dark so we could see Tokyo lit up and that was great (but didn't photograph well, sorry!).

We also paid a visit to the Zojoji Temple next door, which is a major temple in Tokyo, and watched Buddhist monks performing a ceremony which was really nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0442s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb