What do cats and maids have in common?


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
June 1st 2010
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tomorrow we are headed to Koyoto so we decided to spend one final day and long night wandering around the city.
A friend of mine sent me a link to a cat cafe which is where there are tons of cats all over the place and you can hang out and pet and feed them. We couldn't really read the map and were using land marks like KFC and McDonalds to find this place. Finally we were in the right area because I saw a sign with a cat on it that said Calico Cat Cafe. Sweet!

We got in and had to put our shoes and bag into a locker and walked in. Tons of cats were everywhere, most didn't really want anything to do with you until fed them. With food in hand I had about 5 cats swarmed around me it was pretty awesome.

After a fill of cuteness we headed to Electronic Town in hopes of seeing new up and coming stuff, only to walk around not impressed with much except for the girls dressed up like maids outside handing out flyers for the Maid Cafe..huh? Curiously we went up a small elevator to the 5th floor and BAM pink everywhere and girls in maid outfits greeting you at the door. It looked like my room if I were 14 and liked pink, it was kinda silly. So we stayed and had some ice cream topped with whipped cream and corn flakes made to look like a bear, unfortunately no pictures were allowed inside so if you are ever in Japan you have to see it for yourself.

After a nice walk back to the subway we met up with our friend Dave and went out for incredible food. It was a family owned place of 50 years in Ebisu, very nice people and amazing food. After there we visited some of his friends and wandered about the city in playing each other in video games, and eating at a Mos Burger at 2am. Overall a nice night out in Tokyo.

Next stop Kyoto!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Maid CafeMaid Cafe
Maid Cafe

Maid cafe flyer


5th June 2010

seems you have been enjoying all the cuteness and more Japan has to offer! Happy travels!!!
5th June 2010

this is great.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb