Nihonji Temple、Chiba


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Chiba
June 1st 2010
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to head to Chiba and see a temple that was not in the Lonely Planet guide called Nihonji Temple located in Chiba. The only information we had was head to Chiba, walk 4 minutes to rope-way and it would be right there.. easy enough yea?

Once off the train we looked for any information that would be useful and saw a rail car in the distance and headed in that direction. Along the way an old woman sitting near the road tried to help us even though she spoke no english, some how we managed to find it. We purchased a rope way ticket that took us up the mountain and were on our way to the Nihonji Temple. There were many little buddhas along the path but the most amazing one of all was the giant sitting buddha made of stone at the temple area, it was well worth the journey.

On the way back to Tokyo instead of taking the subway we decided to take a ferry to Kamakura, it was quite beautiful.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Nihonji TempleNihonji Temple
Nihonji Temple

Largest Stone Buddha


5th June 2010

Great photos
Hi - your photos are great, and helps me see a bit of what you all are doing. Be safe....and enjoy.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 26; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb