Day 1: A Long Flight


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
August 21st 2009
Published: August 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

With the excitement of our trip fresh in our minds, there was no going to sleep. Instead, we stayed up till 3:30am, at which point we left for the Spokane airport.

After boarding around 5am, we had a short flight to Seattle. In the Seattle airport, we caught a short nap, and we were then on our way to LAX. From LA, we finally boarded the plane to Narita, a trip that would end up taking about 11 hours. Though we tried to sleep, the conditions proved to be less than ideal, so most of the time was spent watching the inflight movies and cursing the uncomfortable chairs.



When we arrived in Japan, we made it through immigration and custom with no issues and were greeted by the smiling faces of Yumiko and Kenichi Koseki. We walked out to their car and took the freeway (not free by the way) to their home. Along the way we ran into some heavy traffic which meant the trip took about 4 hours. We were excited, but still tired from being awake for basically 24 hours. During the moments I was not asleep, we had an excellent view of the Tokyo Bay area and spent probably a solid hour on the Rainbow Bridge that crosses the bay itself. The city was vibrantly lit and we had a clear shot of Tokyo Tower.





Before arriving at the Koseki family's home, we stopped by a supermarket and picked up some sushi and some sort of noodle dish, along with some other supplies.

Our first day in Japan was fairly uneventful, and we were travel weary, but so far, things are looking good, and with the wonderful Koseki family helping us out, things are looking very good.

Until next time,

Christopher and Sean.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.236s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1959s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb