Don't mess with the Samurai


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
August 6th 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Something's wrong hereSomething's wrong hereSomething's wrong here

So, we made it all the way to Nippon to meet our indian friend Mahesh in an italian restaurant ?!?!?!?! Weird, isn't it ?
Hello all my dear friends and comrades ... so let us put it crystal clear from the very beginning. In Japan, nothing is as it seems ... u are always strongly advised to take a closer look. And still u might miss the point. But first, how are u people doing, having a good time, in proper condition, always enjoying the sparkling moments every day is holding ready for you ? Let me feed your smart minds with our llatest travel report from the land of rising sun. 10 days now, fully packed with amazing discoveries and experiences. Our base is Ichikawa / Tokyo, we are staying in Mahesh's place, ideal to plan and start all trips from here.
We bought the JR Pass in advance which allows us to jump on any train w/o buying a ticket (as long as it is JR compliant), and to be honest, the word "train" is an improper expression for this type of transport. Trains in Japan are in any sense superb, the Shinkansen Express is like flying on wheels. Sorry, I should stay on the general subject but I can't help myself, I am just too excited about it.
Sooo, Japan offers way
CampaiCampaiCampai

Germany meets Japan, exchanging hot secret tech infos. After a great deal of Sushi, Dombori and Sake we really started to like each other and gave away all our mysteries secrets.
too much to put it in some words, all of this needs to be mentally processed, all the impressions, the atmosphere, the customs & habits of the people, the beauty of the country, the diversity of the islands and regions, the level of perfectionism, the food and and and ...
So far we spent some days in greater Tokyo, visited Hiroshima and Kyoto, headed north-east to Akita and Tazawa-ko where we were very surprised that the inhabitants didn't understand our genuine Tokyo Japanese since they used to speak some difficult accent. Whatsoever, after some glasses of Sake, as we all know, even the highest language and solid barrier will collapse.
So, after our short visit, for sure 99% of all mysteries will stay uncovered, that clearly means ... we have to come back someday. So, I stop boring you too much with my endless tales, let's go for some nice pix, freshly pressed.
Sayonara !



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Two freaks in the streets of TokyoTwo freaks in the streets of Tokyo
Two freaks in the streets of Tokyo

Exploring the capital can be very tiring and exhausting, sometimes it's time for some "funny" distraction. See, how expensive the goods are in JP, apples cost 580$, wow ...
Body touchBody touch
Body touch

Don't be so sensitive, if u take the metro in Tokyo, be prepared for a "people bath". What we disliked was the rule that we weren't allowed to bring beer. In Cologne it's the contrary, you HAVE to bring beer, orherwise the conductor might dismiss you.
Wow, isn't it beautifulWow, isn't it beautiful
Wow, isn't it beautiful

Look at this monster jet-train, it's bullet-fast, always !! on time and comfortable like a Rolls Royce. Did u know that the Shinkansen experiences less than 10 seconds of delay a year including all natural and human accidents ?
Rambling & GamblingRambling & Gambling
Rambling & Gambling

Dangerous game, one day in Kyoto we went bankrupt in this Pachinko Paradise. So after our painful experience we took a taxi and drove straight back to Tokyo.
Time for a bath in the hot springsTime for a bath in the hot springs
Time for a bath in the hot springs

Actually we liked these Yukatas so much that we decided to wear them on all occasions. But we didn't know that the authorities disagree with that that idea :(
Streets are on fire in AkitaStreets are on fire in Akita
Streets are on fire in Akita

By chance we arrived in Akita while they were celebrating the famous Kanto festival. Here is the action ... To the sound of flutes and drums, and cheered on by the districtive traditional shouts, the performers balance the Kanto without gripping the poles, and placing them on the palms of their hands, they raise them higher and higher.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb