Fish Market


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
June 12th 2008
Published: June 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Started early this morning, woke up at 5 and left at 5:15. Went to the Fish Market... wow. LOTS OF FISH! It was raining today so it made it real gross. If you look at the pictures you'll see how many vendors were there - tons of them! The people putting everything out were crazy w/ there bobcat machines.. i almost got hit a few times. I went to go then couldn't and got scared so i had to run back to the same side i was on. There were really big fish and they were hosing them off and the blood was running everywhere. it was gross. probably shouldn't have worn sandals! they were cutting the fish in half right in front of us. i took a pic. of all the boxes they used and were throwing away, it was a lot... huge piles almost to the roofs. Afterwards we went to get sushi, our first real japanese meal (at 7am!). All the sushi i've had has been spicy, i think its this one little green thing that makes it spicy. We went straight to work after the fish market.. i really feel like i need to take a shower. At work we finished w/ posters and getting the room ready, its starting to look really good. Realy colorful and fun. After work Haley and I walked around and found a 100 yen store ($1 store - 106 yen =$1.. so I just say 100 = 1 to make it easy for me). We bought bowls to eat our cereal w/ .. we've been eating it cups. She bought a cream cup and then got back to the hotel and found out it was made in china! haha. we found a grocery store near our hotel and a mall. Just relaxing now. Hope everyone is surviving the storm. Not sure what we're going to do tonight. Have a good day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Amy & I at the sushi placeAmy & I at the sushi place
Amy & I at the sushi place

This is the girl I work with
Gross DrinkGross Drink
Gross Drink

This drink was gross.. everyone said it was green tea but i think it tasted like seaweed
MenusMenus
Menus

They all have menus in English for us!
Guy carrying a huge fishGuy carrying a huge fish
Guy carrying a huge fish

All the guys carried the fish this way


12th June 2008

hi
Hi Jess this is Aunt Julie!! So glad you are there and experiencing all you are! You are brave! I don't think I could eat Sushi! Love the blog so we can stay updated on what you are doing. Charles City flooded pretty bad but we are blessed and have no problems at our house. Swinging bridge is gone though so that is sad. Hope all is well south of us! Take care and talk to you later! Love you!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb