Land of the Rising Cloud


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
October 21st 2004
Published: October 21st 2004
Edit Blog Post

TGS: Sega SuperstarsTGS: Sega SuperstarsTGS: Sega Superstars

This is me, in front of somewhat of a crowd, playing the EyeToy game of Virtua Fighter, where you physically punch and kick on the screen.
I think that \"Land of the Rising Cloud\" is more suitable than \"Land of the Rising Sun,\" considering the sheer amount of rain and the large number of typhoons inflicting their wet and windy rage upon this country. I have made a few observations about Japan that I think are somewhat amusing.

1) Japan is one giant cartoon. (Disclaimer to the easily offended: That is a joke.) But really -- it is. From the Final Fantasy characters advertising cell phones, to the giant bunny which predicts the weather on TV, this country is filled with cute...things.

2) TV Some stations play videogames and/or anime music during certain parts of the news on certain channels. I\'ve recognized two songs from Sonic Adventure, one from Space Channel 5, and one from Outlaw Star.

3) follows from 2) Japanese TV is weird. I can\'t really describe it. One simply has to see it for him or herself. The commercials are hilarious.

4) Japanese toilets suck (from my unenlightened, Western perspective.)

5) America has a LOT of space.




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

TGS: PSPTGS: PSP
TGS: PSP

A rather dark picture of me holding a Playstation Portable, next to one of the "PSP Girls" (?)


Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb