Ropongi - Night


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
March 4th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

we came back to the hotel to get cleaned up and empty out pictures. we stopped in b's room for a while and watched the city. the red lights fading on and off. tokyo is dense. the elevator to the lobby has an lcd screen which shows soothing images. all buttons are capacitive sensors. we went back out to ropangiii- to gaspanic first. a man stopped us in the street and tried to get us to go to his club. we tried to tell him no, but he kept insisting. we got past him and into gaspanic. it was cool. they have a rule that you have to be drinking to stay inside. there was a dj and a few people working there and us. i guess not too many people go out on sunday. we went looking around for something else to do and kept getting stopped by africans to go look at strip clubs. the africans were the rudest people i've run into in tokyo (so far). after we got past about 5 of them we found another little english style pub and stopped in. it was pretty crowded - but it only held about 15 people. a drunk japanese guy talked to me, and i couldnt understand much of anything he said.

a little frustrated by the pushy africans and closed places, we headed back to the hotel. In b's room we watched a bit of tv - there was a show where a guy was running around and forcing people to have fun. there were a few businessmen at a meeting and they played get tic tacs out of the box, wring water out of a towel and hula hoop. then the losers joined the man at the beginning and walked around dramatically ready for battle. nothing topped that on tv later. friends was on, and it was probably funnier to laugh at them speaking japanese than the regular show. i woke up early today and couldnt get back to sleep - maybe about 7 am. i took a shower and made some tea. d walked around exploring the hotel a bit, while i played malmsteen and typed this up. i feel like tokyo hides its secrets well, but im probably just be being dramatic. i think we're planning on going to shibuya this afternoon. i should probably read back over this, but im not going to. weather is great - about 50 / 60. today its overcast, but doesnt look like rain right now.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb