Tantalizing Tokyo


Advertisement
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
March 15th 2024
Published: April 6th 2024
Edit Blog Post

I love Tokyo. If I had to eat only in one city for the rest of my life, Tokyo would be it. Most chefs I know would agree with me. Anthony Bourdain. We’ve all seen photos of Tokyo, but until you are there you cannot imagine the enormity of this city. Dave refers to this as his “Grand Canyon Theory.” You can tell people how big it is, show them pictures of how big it is, but until you actuall... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Our chef at workOur chef at work
Our chef at work

At the noodle shop
Kabuki TheatreKabuki Theatre
Kabuki Theatre

No photos allowed during performances
Kabuki TheatreKabuki Theatre
Kabuki Theatre

Beautiful setting.
Colorful and freshColorful and fresh
Colorful and fresh

Sushi in Tokyo
Benton BoxBenton Box
Benton Box

Kabuki Theatre



7th April 2024

If I had to choose between the cherry blossoms and the Mario Kart racing, I have to admit I'd choose the latter! Now I have to go back. I also just looked up the history of Kabuki theater used as a negative political term. I had no idea it was a real thing!
8th April 2024

Kabuki
Yes, it is real. It is worth taking a look at. A bit odd but mesmerizing.
7th April 2024

Delightful Japan
Hi Dave and Merry Jo, Great to see you are still packing it in. You only get one crack at it! Thanks for sharing your take on this fascinating country - one we never managed to sample, though I have no particular regrets - as you rightly say, you can't do it all and not always at the best time. Some of it is lady luck eh? We've had our share and must now resign ourselves to travel in the UK, so there's a touch of envy to read all the wonderful Travelblog blogs gifted us by others of the new era. Keep Smiling!
8th April 2024

Delight Japan
We will do our best to take you around the world with us as you did us in the past. There are a lot of wonderful things in the UK so that's not so bad. We try to see as much as we can in case we don't get back to a country. We don't often repeat locations.
7th April 2024

So many things to enjoy!
Looks like you had a wonderful visit. Are there other photos of sushi that didn’t make this blog? It makes my taste buds tingle to think of those flavors!
8th April 2024

So many things to enjoy!
Japan was a wonderful time. I will send you more sushi photos in case we didn't include enough. Yeah, for tingling taste buds.
12th April 2024

Tokyo is paradise!
Thank you so much for your detailed and lively blog. I learned many new things and relished reading about things familiar to me. Your experiences delight me. Looking forward to more stories to come!
12th April 2024

Tokyo is paradise!
Amy, your help in planning this trip was endless. You decreased my worries about the train schedules and so much more. We loved the baseball games! Our time in Japan was special.
22nd April 2024

Tokyo!
Going backward now to enjoy the rest of your travel blogs through Japan. It seems there is just too much to see with one visit. I don’t know where to start? I’ve been in Tokyo 3 times for 24h work turnaround so other than the airport hotel, I’ve seen only a few things like harajuku, it seemed very chaotic. I’m thinking I’d skip Tokyo and take a train to Osaka first and then come back to Tokyo to enjoy after acclimatized? Thanks for sharing your trip with us!
22nd April 2024

Tokyo!
Indeed it would take multiple visits to Japan to do it justice... or a really long visit. We had three and a half weeks and barely scratched the surface. We liked Osaka more than we thought we would as we had read some mixed reviews. That blog is coming soon. Keep going back and you'll learn about those precious monkeys.
1st May 2024
Tori Gates at Nezu-jinja

We loved Tokyo
When we visited Japan in 2014 we were surprised over how much we liked Tokyo. We really loved that city and we are looking forward to the day when we find the time to go back. /Ake
1st May 2024
Tori Gates at Nezu-jinja

We loved Tokyo
We were a bit surprised also. When you imagine a city that large and packed with people you are uncertain what you will think. Tokyo has a way of making you fall in love with it. We enjoyed our time there.
1st May 2024

Yum!
I think I agree with Anthony Bourdain on this one. The variety is impressive. What a great trip!
1st May 2024

Yum!
It was a great trip and all the taste treats. Anthony did know food.

Tot: 0.44s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 53; qc: 158; dbt: 0.1897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.7mb