Japan. Onsen Explorer. Day 13. Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
June 13th 2019
Published: June 14th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Onsen Explorer. Day 13. Thursday 13 June.
Tokyo City
Sightseeing today, but a sandwich and coffee breakfast first at Cafe Veloce.
The Imperial gardens were visited after a long walk in the heat. The gardens were very green with few flowers and magnificent stone ramparts with stones well over one cubic metre in size. And a view over the city. A day train ticket was obtained so that we could explore the city and we went to the Tokyo Tower, which is like a mini Eiffel Tower. From there a spin on the underground got us to the Tokyo Government Building where we went up to the 45th floor for a free view of the city. Unfortunately it was a little hazy and Mt Fuji was not visible but the skyscrapers were very impressive. My feet are giving up. A rest please.
The rest was in the train only, most of which was standing. We went to see yet another Shrine at Meiji Jingu which was 1km walk down the driveway but was quite impressive with its many buildings and displays of small manicured trees and unique stones. Early dinner was a very good curry house in Shibuya then a beer in a deep cellar. Shibuya was an amazing place, especially at night with all the flashing neon lights and moving displays on the adjacent buildings. After a hard, interesting day we were back at 9pm ready for bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.508s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb