two days down in tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shinjuku
July 27th 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

arctic tundra!arctic tundra!arctic tundra!

this is siberia.the sun was up the whole 11hr flight i think. the place is full of lakes and water. amazing
well good day to you all.
i and my friend richard (mole), have been in tokyo since wed 25th morning and it has most definately been eventful.
firstly mole and i took separate planes from heathrow.
so i had to wait for his flight to come in.
the waiting got longer as customs wouldnt let him thru cos he didnt know where we were staying or anything cos i had booked it. poor fellow. in the end he lied and got thru safely.
meanwhile i was busy chatting with a little band called Kings of Leon who had come in on moles flight and were waiting for they drummer who had also been stopped cos sniffer dogs smelt cannabis on him.
but everything work out and we stepped into the tokyo daylight. and f**k me was it hot and humid.
next was getting to our hostel. we inquired about trains and randomly some dude offered to drive us for a reasonable price. well he said that but at least we got there safe and fast. and meet and english man and his a parents who were for his wedding. all the best to him.
after some jaded sleep, we staring drinkin
big in japanbig in japanbig in japan

a bypass for the continual electric cable.
our complimentary drink and then more and more till eventually we ended up in a karoake bar at 1am for 4 hours with some finnish people and a guy who worked at the hostel. least to say i was the best and wowed them with my renditions of pearl jam and nirvana songs.

anyway up early after 3 hours and to get to shinjuku, a businessman and redlight district. bright lights, weird smells and little sleep. mole by this time was very ill and being sick every 30 mins. after i got lost for an hour in the bussle i came back to find mole was off to hospital. aaaaaaaaahh. i thought i wud me not him,.......but!
i tried to sleep. our accomidation was a capsule. a small (yes small) box with a tv and radio.
very weird so far you think.

anyway. moles now eating and............yep its still down and im sweating buckets.

peace and love
thom

speak to u soon


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

me,temple...doneme,temple...done
me,temple...done

first of many
it's.......that way!it's.......that way!
it's.......that way!

its doing its job
shinjuku capsule hotel !!shinjuku capsule hotel !!
shinjuku capsule hotel !!

or morgue depending on how you look at it.


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb