Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shinjuku
November 19th 2006
Published: November 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Its very wet in Kyoto which is fine to be honest, weve havent stopped untill now.

So we thought get a bit of blogging done, why not!


Our first 5 mins inTokyo showed us what we were in for. The train arrived at the terminal preparing for its return to the center. As we waited on the platform while the train was being cleaned every seat on the train auto turned 180 degrees to face the front.

As we found out the Japs are very different in many ways, I guess you need to be with 110 million people in the country the size of the uk. People with face masks in case of flu to women wearing hot pants with stockings ( I had to adjust the old trouser department on more than one occasion)!!

Matt

We had a good will guide in Tokyo. He was 70 years old man OH my god he matched us round tokyo like you would not believe we did see a lot and learn alot about Japan but we just had to ask him if we could go home at 5pm, we were knacked ha ha. We went to a lovely park in the middle of tokyo and attended a tea ceremony it is the thing to do when in Japn. It was in the middle of a lake with the view of Tokyo in the distance very very nice. We did visit a couple of shrines but we have to admit we are a little shrined out at the mo and if we see another one I think we will both SCREAM!!!!!!!!!! However they are lovely. They do seem to be a bit of a money making machine as you have to pay to pray pay to get a fortune (which I must say Matthew did and got a bad one and had to hang it in a tree trust him) and pay for a little keepsake pray to wish you luck for this that and anything they can think of.

Tokyo was just amazing we went into the sony bit megastore in the famous part of tokyo and watched people playing the new playstation 3 it is just amazing we just looked on in amazement. Everyone just spend there time on mobile here or asleep. It is funny but they just seem to sleep when ever they sit down anywhere.

We went to a couple of bars come clubs but trust us they do not get going until 3 in the morning they informed us and we were there at 12ish and after being marched round by the guide just wanted our bed HOW OLD ARE WE ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



22nd November 2006

Hello Tokyo
Dionne, really really beautiful picture and views. Wish we are with you . Enjoy your fantastic holiday. We miss you a lot. Me Hilda and of course all ward 14 staff
19th December 2006

Trouser pockets!
Hey Matt - how's the "trouser department" ?!?!? I did laugh when I read that ! God, I am so late in responding to these - I hope you get them okay - now that I've worked out how to get into the blogs - nothing is gonna stop me ... !??! Yeap - you guessed it - lonely ol' housewife!!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb