Fish, frogs and and godzilla.


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shibuya
January 2nd 2017
Published: January 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

We took a rest day yesterday- what better way to begin the new year than by sleeping in, eating Japanese 2 minutes noodles and watching TV. Japanese television is very different. It may be the language barrier, by I don't quite understand what the genres of their shows are- many shows seem to be comedy/ drama/ game show? They televised an eating contest between Japan and America one afternoon.

It wasn't long before cabin fever hit (the hotel room is smaller than our bedroom at home in all its entireity. We decided to walk down to the entertainment suburb of Kabukicho. Kabakicho is flooded with lights sounds and people. When the 'little green man' flashes everyone crosses in any direction.

We came across a British pub and decided to have a pint. The atmosphere was very British and the Beer was awful. Very choice.

In the Main Street, we heard a rumbling and everyone started to turn around with cameras. We had no idea what was happening. Then we saw it- a gigantic robotic Godzilla 'breathing fire' from behind a skyscraper. It was like Adelaide's 'Vulcan' display on steroids.

We stumbled across a massage house that had doctor dish. Basically doctor fish nibble the dead skin cells from your feet, providing you with a vibrating sensation and very soft feet. It was worth a go. The fish are very small and transparent, but looks can be deceiving. They are feisty machines that love to nibble. The experience was relaxing- if you could forget about the fish thing.

In the evening we decided to decided to see a movie. We chose the one with the poster that had a frog-humanoid on it. It looked like a fun action movie and that was exactly what we needed. Perhaps frog man was a superhero. The movie was called 'Museum.' Our theatre was on the tenth floor and the views of Kabukicho were spectacular as we rode up. Any expectations we had about the movie were blown to pieces. It was a crime thriller that had me gripping the edges of my seat and James' hand. From what we could piece together of the movie, it was about a ragey cop who decided to take on a psychopath single handedly. I don't want to put in spoilers so... Sweet dreams everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb