Day 2


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shibuya
October 16th 2009
Published: October 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello Tokyo. This is our very first stop and im fucking (sorry out that) excited as you don hear that people have gone to Japan on their travels around the world. Lucky for us we have been giving this fantastic oppertunity to stay in Tokyo.

After a long restless flight we e here and the weather looks amazing i thought it was autumn but this is great hopefully all the places we go are like this. So we finally get through Passport control where they take you finger prints and photo which was wierd. Also the first thing you see is those surgeon masks everyones got them it takes some getting used to. By the time we get out of the airport to be greeted by John Paul its just gone 10.00. We exchange a few words as you do then then get straight on the train heading for his appartment. All the way there talking about what we wanted to do, what weve been up to, how hes been you get the picture.

Weve arrived at his place a long train ride several different stops, which we will struggle with as i can understand a thing the signs say but luckily theres a bit of english. JP and Minkos (his lovely Japanese wife) appartment very small but cosy wasn what i expected thought i was going see some little robot serving on me lol. On the way we had a nice tour of the neighbourhood and where they like to eat and drink and so on.

So we e here and all Lisa wants to do is sleep don blame her she couldn sleep on the flight, but my idea is to try and get my body clock right and stay up as the Japanese would little did i know that would be 1.00 am thats a long time after traveling for over 36 hours. Anyway JP takes us staight down to Moss Burger which as Beccy described it "her saving grace". I had a double Moss Burger and chips Lisa had something without the bread as she is yeast intolerent which makes it hard for her as she has to seriously change her diet. After that she went straight to bed for about two hours. While she was doing that me and JP went down the shop bought some booze and looked the wierd stuff the japanese eat. Then ended at the appartment fooling around with this really cool Deck set thats attached to his computer had to get off that would have been there all day lol.

Finally she wakes up pretty much forced her out of bed to get ready to go out. Now... JP thinks its a good idea to catch a taxi to Kichijoji which never came so we caught the train to the next stop and got the taxi from there so about 40 mins late we arrive in Kichijoji which looks amazing so much to see so many lights and bars and it just amazing wow! that pretty much describes it. So finally get to Minako and i think shes been at the bar for a couple of glasses we all have a drink me and JP have a Beer and Lisa has Sugar Cane (Shochu). We move to the next bar, they call it a bar but in Japan if you drink you must eat, which is down a small alley and its all open for everyone to see. This was Yaki Tori BBQ every thing it was amazing foods so nice made sure we tried everything especially the rice wine which comes in many flavours from all over Japan. Lisa loves this but i on the other hand couldn hack it even though Minako just ordered more and more. We payed up and i was asked by Minako to ask for the bill can remember now but i think that made them laugh. To get back we caught the bus which proved to be easier than waiting for a taxi. We then ended up in this very cool little bar where we carried on eating and drinking i especially like chips, basil and ketchup with tabasco... it burns alot. After that nipped over to the family mart got snacked looked at some manga porn that dave... You will love.

Finally at the appartment dead gave JP and Minako their presents had another beer watched some anime and listen to DJ Minako on the decks was quite inpressed.

In the end made it to bed...





Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb