Jap anUS Relations


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Shibuya
June 8th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi evrybody!

We slept in this morning after a full night in Kibukicho last night and stopping random people on the street to take excited pictures with at 3 in the morning. We left Hotel Nuts!!! this morning and walked a few miles down to Aoyama where we bought cheap boxed lunches from a guy on the street. It consisted of flavored toilet paper and some nuts and screws topped with soy sauce out da ass. It was HELLAgood. OK actually it was usual chicken and some good sauce with pickles and rice and stuff. We then walked over to Yoyogi Park where the Meiji Shrine, 100,000 trees and huge ass crows were. The Meiji Shrine was peaceful but not exactly what we expected. It was a pond with mutant huge goldfish and cool turtles, an extensive flower garden, and a cermonial tea house. No temple kinda like what we expected but it was peaceful and relaxing. Good pictures here but we won't be able to post anymore until we go get internet somewhere else.

We then walked through the entirity of the park south a few more miles to Shibuya. Here we visited Haichi Square, the Times Square of Tokyo, and relaxed a while in front of the biggest building there, a Starbucks. There were about 1 million stores here and in Harajuku, a mix of really really expensive stores like 3 or 4 Louis Vittons, Chanel and a bunch of clothes, shoe and other random shops. On a monday afternoon there were about 2 million people walking around and shopping. They love it more than Americans I think if you can believe that. We looked around at some stuff we had never seen before like a shop full of crazy condoms then got tired of it pretty fast. We are not big shoppers but at least stopped and talked to a bunch of people along the way. On the way back we stopped at another shrine/park to feed the oversized goldfish, turtles and birds some peanut butter crackers and relax by the pond. I wish America had parks in the cities like these.

We walked back to the hotel tonight stopping for some awesome soup on the way. We have walked about 20 miles in the past two days. We could have taken the metro trains but you have to keep buying tickets so we chose not to. We are going to relax here at the hotel now for a few hours before taking a train to Rappongi to see the aerial view of Tokyo from the Tokyo Tower and then meeting the work crowd at clubs (they don't get off until 10 apparently).

Tomorrow we have reservations for Imperial Palace tour at 10 am then are going to visit the Stock Exchange and Fish Market at Tokyo Harbor. The people here love us and we love this place. They are so smart and efficient about everything. For example they do not use napkins at every restaurant. Usually you just get one damp napkin for the end of the meal so you do not have to waste water washing your hands. Also they have sink toilets where you wash your hands and that water drains into the toilet reservoir to be used for the next flush. Every toilet has a two way handle for a number 1 or 2 flush. Their spoons also have curved ends also so that they will not fall into your bowl. They are truly masterful designers. We have also seen tons of crazy cars from around the world and very interesting building designs. Sorry as an engineer I can appreciate this kinda stuff but probably most of you don't care. Talk to you tomorrow and I'll update my vocabulary list! Cyonara!

Jordo

Advertisement



10th June 2009

Beatley would love the double-flush toilets...almost as much as vertical melons!

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb