Through the circle of Tokyo


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Harajuku
September 29th 2013
Published: September 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We bought tickets to go on the train through Tokyo. First stop Tokyo station and a short walk through the Imperial Palace East Gardens. Where we almost lost Koala when we left him hanging in bamboo after his photo shoot! Back to Tokyo Station for lunch and on the green loop to Akihabara , electronic city...then on to Harajuku to see the outrageous clothing stores, we bought new Asics for $85 and many souvenirs from Daiso store on Takeshita dori , sooooooo busy! Walked through Yoyogi Park at night, definately the place to be, lots people having picnicsandsitting around chatting or rap dancing! At the top of a bridge we thought we were in India! Strolling through an India festival and out the other side to eat Okonomiyaki and Yakisoba from the street market.From here it was a short walk15 minute walked Shibuya to see Japan'busiest crossing and get a photo with Hachiko,a famous dog. What a busy place, even on a Sunday night! It was now time to catch the train for a 20min ride back to Shimbashi and then a short walk back to the hotel. What a great day in Tokyo!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th September 2013

Howdy!
Great so far chandlers, sounds like you have hit the ground running. Will keep our eye on your blog. Thanks for sharing your holiday with us!!????

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb