Now in Tokyo!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Akasaka
March 26th 2006
Published: March 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are now finally in Tokyo. We hitch hiked here from the mountains 100km away! We only had to wait 15 mins till this lorry driver picked us up. He didn't say much, and he dropped us off just after the toll gate in the middle of nowhere..... but it was good to get a free ride!

During the last week we have been to Nagoya and Mt Fuji. In Nagoya we spent 2 nights in a capsule hotel. It was a very strange place....we were always making gaffes, like forgetting to take our shoes off at the entrance and not wearing our 'mental patient gowns' which you're supposed to wear all the time while you're there! We each had a little capsule which was big enough to sit in...comfortable...but the whole hotel was incrediby hot which made sleep less pleasent and the noise from the other 'inmates' was annoying. This guy in the opposite capsule kept moaning....maybe because of the porn channel that was on the TV's! To go for a shower you had to get all your kit off and soap down in a communal area, then get in a few large baths of different temperatures. Fortunately me and Dave timed our showers at different times. Dave kept out of the baths as the temperature in some of the pools was hot enough to kill his seed!

We went out in Nagoya...but there seems to be a problem with some bars....we went in one for a pint which was totally empty and got charged 30 quid for 2 pints!! We were having none of it and refused to pay it...eventually we settled for just under a tenner for the 2 pints!

On Saturday we set off for Mt Fuji...spectacular scenery! Stayed there for 2 night, but didn't climb it as it was too dangerous what with the altitude weather and all. We stayed at a nice hostel and had a meal at this little restaurant...like usual everything was in japanese...we had to lead the owner outside to point at the pictures of food we wanted! The place had a few dirty old japanese geezers at the bar who talked to us in japanese all the time..so we just smiled and nodded. When we said we were off to Tokyo they kept throwing english words like 'girl, sex' Dave said 'too expensive' and we left it at that. Though this one guy kept ordering us more food...which is very annoying when you are already full after finishing a meal. We paid up quickly and did one.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb