Asakusa 11・10


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Akasaka
October 12th 2008
Published: October 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Made our way to Asakusa today to change hostels (was very random as two people we met on the night bus from Kyoto are also staying here). Asakusa is like old time Japan and is full of busy markets, there is stuff going on from 6am till dusk usually, which means we have lots to do.

First we checked out the arcades (Dave was really excited cos he finally found somewhere he could play street fighter iv-although we were not very goog at it). The arcades here are even better than the ones in Kyoto (although slightly more expensive)and they are Japanese (along with pachinko-gambling buildings and quite a few x-rated buildings)

Next we went to sensoji temple. This had a huge market around it and you almost could not move, it was that busy. I tried a strawberry on a stick that was covered in a thick sort of syrup (although very tasty it practically stuck my mouth together)

Then went to see two cool buildings, one was the Asahi beer building, this is supposed to look like a glass of beer, and the other is a restaurant with a cool gold thing on top.

At night we went back to the arcade and I was challenged by a cool Japanese guy on street fighter iv who obviously played alot as I got my arse kicked-after struggling to Dave.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb