We went beach camping!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Shizuoka
September 1st 2007
Published: November 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After Mario finished work on Saturday, we began driving along the coast towards Omaezaki. Finding a perfect place to camp was not as easy as we thought. They were either too noisy (ie. next to a factory, or people playing with fireworks), too dirty, not deserted or difficult to get to. After some frustration and darting off the main road about 15 times looking for the perfect spot, we finally found one! We set up the tent and lit our small bbq. By this time it was 9:30pm and we were starving, so lucky we had a small feast prepared, not to mention red wine! Hot marshmallows were for desert, Mario's first time, but he preferred them plain or on his face! Since we took the car (not Blue Angel), we could afford a few luxuries that some people might say would ruin the point of camping...a futon, pillows and sheets! I had a great sleep!

We were woken, not too early, by cars driving onto the beach - some Sunday morning fishermen. We had toast with sauce, and espresso coffee (thanks to Mario's mini gas stove) for breakfast! We then went for a swim in the freezing water, trying to keep out of the way of fishing lines. To dry of and look just ridiculous, we ran up and down the shoreline for about an hour, diving in the sand collecting cockles before they dug themselves back under the sand! It was fun and we collected about 100 (the next day my legs ached!).

After tiring ourselves out, we had a long nap in the sun, then packed up and went home!

We were all prepared to make miso soup, using our cockles, but we somehow forgot or did not realise we had to leave the cockles in water to rinse the sand out of them. The result was a beautifully smelling soup but crunchy and full of sand!!! 😞

Anyway, it was a great weekend, well at least before our crunchy soup!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



8th November 2007

Like the way you camp
Good on you.....I hate camping!!! The soup sounds tasty lol xox
11th November 2007

l.v.m
ahh, what a great camp together ! was fabulous ! already missing summer time....
14th November 2007

cockles
Yous tried eating the cockles like? Always enjoying having a wee look at the blog, it's real nice! Say hi to Mario!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb