Osaka


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka
July 3rd 2014
Published: July 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Osaka - day 2 - rain! That was okay though as we went and had a look round the town and had a bit of a chill out day.

Went and had Katsu Curry for lunch - yuuuuum! It was a funny little place - had mostly men in and there was loads of manga (like Japanese comics) which you could read - so I guess they go for a curry and a manga?!

That evening, we decided we would check out some nightlife and have a few beers. We googled where to go and funnily enough, the best rated bar was an Irish bar! So, we decided to give it a go (and i think me and my sis wanted someone other than each other to talk to!).

it was a bit tucked away but after asking a few people, we found it. When we arrived it was dead but gave us a chance to speak to the owner (Michael) and ask a few things about the Japanese culture and learn how to say some Japanese phrases. He also said it takes people months to learn how to get around japan so we didn't feel too bad that we keep getting lost!

After a while some people came in, and they were drinking Boddingtons and eating fish and chips! An American couple came in but didn't seem to want to talk to anyone..

Anyways, we had some beers, some shots, some more beers and in the end, us, the owner and two Japanese air hostesses were all quite drunk! But it was a great night - funny how much fun you can have even though you don't speak each other's language! The Japanese girls kept telling us we were 'kawaii' (cute) and loved the name Chloe - one got her perfume out as it was Chloe and was very excited!

Suffice to say, the 9am check out, long train ride and humidity the next day was an issue with a hangover - no more drinking for me!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



4th July 2014

Jealous Girl!
Sounds as tho' you are having an awesome time .... keep up the blog, your pot noodle sounded, ughh LOL

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb