Visit To Hiroshima


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka
April 7th 2018
Published: October 2nd 2018
Edit Blog Post

07.04.2018

Hiroshima - Osaka

Started in morning by a bus. It dropped us to bullet train station. We proceeded to Hiroshima by bullet train. A different bus was allotted for travel of Hiroshima. It took us to the ferry boat station. We went to peace park. we saw the Cenotaph, Sadako Monument and the Bomb Dome. The story of Sadako Sasaki was told by our Japanese guide that after bomb blast, in few years Sadako started suffering from Leukemia. Her mother names it The bomb decease. She wanted to live. Someone told her to make 1000 paper cranes so that she can have her wish. (as per Japan tradition) Some say she died after preparing 644 cranes and her friends fulfilled the number. Some say she made 1400 cranes but her wish did not come true and she died in October 25, 1955. The paper cranes have become symbol for world peace. We become speechless while seeing these monuments with the memory of the past event.

Then we took a ferry from Hiroshima Peace Park to Miyajima Island. After getting down, we visited the Itsukushima Shrine a UNESCO World Heritage Site which is located on the island and also saw the famous Torri gate from the shore. A marriage was going on in the temple. We took a round trip and returned to ferry station.Took a boat and came back. A bus took us to Hiroshima History Museum. This again is a sad experience. Then we returned to Hiroshima station and boarded the bullet train to Osaka.Came to hotel after dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb