Osaka


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka » Osaka
October 25th 2008
Published: March 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Hagi - Osaka

Bus from Hagi to Yamaguchi then the Shinkansen all the way to Osaka

The journey from Hagi to Osaka was a long arduous task by bus to Yamaguchi City then the Shinkansen to Osaka. The bus journey was enjoyable with the road winding over a mountainous area until we got to Yamaguchi and then jumped on the Shinkansen to go to Osaka. Getting the tickets for the bus was easy as the hotel reception rang up and booked ahead for us so that was fine.



We arrived in Osaka during the night and caught the underground to the southern area to get a hotel at the travel information office. They managed to get a hotel right next to the station that was cheap for Japan, £35pp, so we checked in and went straight out to sample the prestigious nightlife of Osaka.


We started out at the train station hub in a German pub drinking a couple of beers and then headed into the city centre for some food. After getting some squid balls (squid in batter) from a vender at the station we headed to a cool Sake bar that served food also.


The food was really good with small plates of Hako-Zushi, Okonomiyaki and Udon noodles and it being washed down with a couple of bottles of Sake. I felt really drunk by the end of that and decided to get a taxi back to the hotel as the idea of two drunk Englishmen taking the metro back and offending the locals would be a mistake.


I woke up with a hangover and it was hot outside so the day was looking ominous for me - I must say that Ryan was also feeling the effects. Even though we still managed to go and see some sights including the Moma in Osaka that has a fantastic building that is worth the visit. My favourite place by far though was Osaka Castle and the museum inside the building.


The walk up to the Castle grounds was very cool with the massive walls sending a very imposing message to visitors. The Castle itself is not the original as it was burnt down twice from lightening strikes but it is still a very special building that has a view of the city that is a must see.


After walking around the city for the rest of the day we had an early night
Osaka CityOsaka CityOsaka City

View from the old palace
as we were flying early the next day and I was still suffering from my drinking exploits the night before.


The following morning we took the train to the airport and flew out of Japan. It was the most amazing time and I can quite easily say the best country I have ever traveled with the amazing people and best sight whether it was new or old that I will ever see. I will go back with my partner and maybe one day move as I have fallen in love with Japan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb