Osaka!!


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka » Osaka » Shinsaibashi
October 31st 2007
Published: October 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

OsakaOsakaOsaka

Look at the little Terrapin!
Well then, welcome to part 3 of the Bron and Cloke Blog.

We took a 2 night/3 day trip to Osaka, the 2nd biggest city in Japan! It was a really cool place although the hotel (well kind of) that we were staying in was a little strange!! mind u it was only £6 each a night for a private room!! it was 8 floors and had 1 communal shower area, shower times were 11-12 at night for boys and 12-1 for girls.... and they kept making loudspeaker announcements in Japanese!!

First day we just went round the city a bit, went to a Japanese garden where Bron took 100000000 photos of terrapins! Then went over to the night life part of town which also had a 9 floor sport shop (where will spent 1000000000 hours)!! v cool! Took us about 30 mins to get out of the station mind!!! it was massive! they all have indoor shopping malls in them and loads of other stuff!

Mind u trains here are AMAZING! if they say they will arive at 9.46 and 2 seconds they really do! We have a rail pass so can get pretty much any train
OsakaOsakaOsaka

Asahi! Our new favourite beer!!
free including the high speed bullet train called the shinkansen! it goes up to 300 k's an hour, been running for 30 years and there has never been a fatality (that comes from Bronnie's beloved Lonely Planet!) Crouch says shinkansen stands for flying underpants but somehow i don't believe him!

Second day it was PISSING it down so we whimped out and went to the aquarium. Then played a few arcade games, people spend their whole lives in those places!! then back to the night life district where we met this cool Japanese dude called Fuse, he took us round some cool bars and met some cool people!

Also visited the castle - has to be done wherever we go! And Bron persuaded Will to take a trip up to the top of the Umeda Sky building to the so called 'floating garden observatory' (the concrete roof!), amazing views of the city! Even Bron got abit scared when halfway up to the 40th floor the elevator shaft turned to glass (Will was pooing his pants to put it politely!)

Then final morning we were in our wonderful hotel and Bron was taking so long getting ready i
OsakaOsakaOsaka

Cityscape
thought i would nip down n send a few emails.... left my camera by the computer, Bron came down and picked it up to take a picture of a Sake vending machine (and why not!!!) put it back next to me, so she says, then i walked out without it!!!! Went running back but it had gone.... gutting. Even worse that it was a brand new camera i got in Tokyo the week before!!!!

Never mind. In the words of forest gump. 'shit happens'.

Love to all of you and i hope you are enjoying these blogs!!! Sorry they are all coming at once but we have a day off at Dips n Crouch's so thought we would get them all done!

you stay classy!












Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

OsakaOsaka
Osaka

20 of the 40,000 school kids at the aquarium that day (no joke they posted a sign warning other visitors!!)
OsakaOsaka
Osaka

Osaka jo - yes another castle!
OsakaOsaka
Osaka

The famous Ote-mon gate dates from 1629 (the whole castle was given a 7 billion yen 'facelift' recently though, they renovate everything in Japan!)
OsakaOsaka
Osaka

A ferris wheel 11 floors up- on the roof of a department store!
OsakaOsaka
Osaka

Will in one of the many many arcades!
OsakaOsaka
Osaka

The Umeda sky building - 40 floors up in a glass elevator to the top!
OsakaOsaka
Osaka

Amazing view from the roof of the Sky building!


1st November 2007

OI
stop making me soooooooooo jealous bro - sounds like you're having a fantastic time and bron is coping with you well ;-) shame about your camera but wouldn't be the same if you didn't lose something/have something nicked - just keep that passport safe and sound d'ya hear! miss you both, big sis xx milk was a bad choice

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb