Valentine's Day in Japan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Osaka » Hirakata
February 14th 2008
Published: February 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

happy valentines day from japan!

so i've learned that valentine's day here is a bit different than in the US. on valentine's day, the girls are supposed to give the guys chocolate, which shows that they like that guy. at first i thought that was a horrible practice...at least in the US both guys and girls are expected to do something. but no, not in japan. the guys don't have to do anything on valentine's day except get chocolate!!

but then i found out that it actually is kinda fair because there's another holiday in march when the guys are supposed to give something to the girls in return for their valentine's day chocolate! so if i were a guy i might be hoping not to get a lot of chocolate...and as a girl i would personally try to give chocolate to as many guys as possible lol. except i didn't give anyone chocolate today, cause i already have my valentine 😉...

i just think it's funny how different valentine's day is over here! just a random thought...

i'm really bored. i have about an hour to waste before i meet leilani and bas to sign up for the hiroshima trip. i could do something productive and study, but i don't feel like doing anything. i'm so tired cause i stayed up way too late last night, i don't even know what i was doing! i think i actually fell asleep in my history class today...i need a nap!

my classes are going very well though! the japanese class is kinda difficult just because we move so fast through the lessons...between the spoken and reading/writing japanese classes i had 3 quizzes this week! it was not fun at all...but my other lecture classes seem easy. we go on a lot of fiel trips...my history class is visiting this place called asuka on feb. 23. there's a lot of ancient ruins and temples there! then later on in april we are taking a field trip to mt. hiei and get to climb it (haha can you see me climbing a mountain?). then for my other class we are going to hiroshima on march 1. me and my friends are planning to stay the whole weekend there...then we go to the osaka peace museum the week after that! and of course spring break is coming up...TOKYO!!! can't wait for that!

oh and today the sun was actually shining and i felt warmth for the first time since i got here! i'm so happy the snow is gone...i hope it stays this way and doesn't get cold again. i'm sooo ready for spring! ok i know this was a random entry, but oh well nothing really exciting has gone on this week. hope to have some more pics to post soon! saayonara...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb