Japan's Hawaii (April 30 - May 7, 2006)


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Okinawa
April 30th 2006
Published: May 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

The island of Okinawa is by far very, very, very different from the rest of Japan. It seems like a completely different country. The weather there is gorgous. The average temperature year round is 23 degrees celcius. How perfect is that? There is so much room there, unlike Tokyo. The streets and houses aren't crowded and not everyone is in a rush to get some place. It's very relaxed and laid back. The people look healthier and happier and are more friendlier than in Tokyo. There are parks everywhere in Okinawa (unlike Tokyo, which is a concrete jungle - you do get parks, but you have to look hard for them). The best part is that the dogs in Okinawa are big and not teeny tiny like the little toy dogs in Tokyo. It was so nice to see big dogs and lots of them, for a change. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs regardless of size, but it was nice to see some big dogs, cause it reminded me of my little monster (my dog Frazzle) back in Canada (by the way THANKS Tina, Ma, Keith, Ricky & Umeshan). If you ever visit Japan and are able to do more than Tokyo, I would highly suggest Okinawa. It's a must see in Japan. It's about a 2-hour flight, but well worth the trip. Enjoy the pics.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



26th May 2006

nightlife on okinawa
hi rosita, my friend and i are going to be in okinawa for the next two weeks, and were wondering if you would know any good places for clubbing in naha. we`re only turning 20 later this year, and since that is the legal drinking age, would that prevent us from getting into clubs? we couldn`t find much information on okinawan nightlife so anything from you would help. thank you! alissa (alissaraj@hotmail.com)

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb