Cave in Okinawa World


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Okinawa » Naha
February 17th 2013
Published: February 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post



Okinawa World is a theme park in the south of Okinawa Island, about an hour by bus from Naha.

Main attractions there:

1) craft village where you can see how they blow glass and even try it yourself and make some souvenir. But nothing else to do there.

2) snake museum - on the whole nothing interesting, mongoose was nice and cute but the snakes are kept in very poor conditions. Funny that during the snake show they address to cobra as cobura-san

3) the CAVE. It'a really worth seing. A beautiful underground river is flowing all along the cave passage. Echoing sound of waterfalls and water dripping from the ceiling make the place mysterious, especially when there are no people around.

The cave is well-lit and there are blue and green lights in some places. If I were the manager of the park I would put more colored lights everywhere along the path - they make the cave fascinating. Sometimes I wonder - why people don't do such simple things to make sights even more attractive? It's so simple to install colored lights instead of regular white ones. The place would look much more beautiful and enchanting. And it costs almost nothing. But they don't. Maybe they have no imagination. Or maybe they've just forgotten what they liked and felt when they were children, lost the ability to enjoy beauty around them, to enjoy life itself?

Apart from my wish to make it an absolutely awesome place the cave is fantastic by itself.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

IMG_8288IMG_8288
IMG_8288

cave ceiling
IMG_8341IMG_8341
IMG_8341

You can make out a cave fish in the middle of the photo


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb